Physician Executive Compensation Survey
The 2013 Physician Executive Compensation Survey sponsored by Cejka Executive Search and the American College of Physician Executives identifies key trends and factors driving today’s physician executive compensation and serves as an essential reference resource for physician executives and healthcare organizations developing leadership roles for physicians.
The survey reports compensation data reported by 2,364 physician executives representing 27 organization types and 19 titles. Nearly half (47%) of respondents were Senior and C-Level executives.
ACPE Members: $240.00
Non-ACPE Members: $485.00
Top Findings Include:
Median compensation was $325,000 for all physician executives.
The overall two-year rate of increase in median compensation was 7%.
- CEOs reported median compensation of $410,000, a 4% two-year increase.
- CMOs reported median compensation of $365,000, a 6% increase in median compensation.
Among physician executives who devote 100% of their time to administrative duties:
- CEOs reported median compensation of $425,000.
- CMOs reported medina compensation of $367,500.
Physician executives holding a post-graduate management degree reported higher median compensation.
- For all respondents, there was a 10% difference between those with a Master in Business Administration (MBA) and those with no post-graduate management degree.
- At the C-Level, the MBA is the most prevalent post-graduate management degree.
- CEOs holding an MBA reported 28% higher median compensation than those with no post-graduate management degree.
Leadership Insight Panel
Physician leaders attending the ACPE Fall Institute joined Paul Esselman, Executive Vice President and Managing Principal of Cejka Executive Search, as he highlighted key findings and insights from the 2013 Physician Executive Compensation Survey and led an interactive roundtable discussion with four respected and experienced physician executives.
Sign up now to receive your complimentary copy of the Leadership Insight Panel whitepaper and C-Level Highlights brief to be published after the event.